Sunday 9 May 2010

A vase of flowers

The lovely Margaret over on MSE made a fab get well card for a mutual friend and I fell in love with it. She has very kindly shared the image with me which she has coloured in using paintshop pro on the computer. I have spent all afternoon creating these two cards that are very different styles, but use exactly the same items.

First of all I have made this easel card that I would like to enter into the current Creative Craft World Challenge to make an easel card for any occassion. I have made a 4" x 4" card using some deep red card, to which I have matted silver mirror card and the red paper from the 'My Mind's Eye Spring Paper Pack. I have cut the image with an oval nestability, and backed it onto the same deep red card using a scalloped oval nestability.

To hold the card up I have used a Craftwork 'Happy Birthday' oval sentiment which has been put in the middle of red, silver and mind's eye paper.

To finish the card off I have added 3 punched flowers at the bottom of the base and put a silver card candy on the middle of each flower. Really pleased with how this card has turned out.

This second card, is my first ever gatefold card, and one that I found whilst searching on Youtube the other day. Now that I have mastered my MS Scoreboard I was able to score the lines on this card. The card and papers used are exactly the same as the ones in the above card, with the addition of a piece of red ribbon on the right hand side. This card was relatively easy to make, and the longest part was cutting out the rectangles to matt. I have also matted panels on the inside and when I send the card to someone, will use some cream pearlescent paper to write the greeting out. Again, I am really happy with the way this card has turned out. I'd like to enter this card into the DareU2 current challenge - anything goes.

13 comments:

  1. lovely cards, really striking x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cards Caroline. I too love that image, I've printed it off and am determined to use it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are beautiful, the red colours make them really striking and that image is fab :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline those colours are stunning !! Another gorgeous card ! I still absolutely LOVE the gadgets cards you made for Ben, i keep looking at them,they look so real lol!

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft World for the easle card challenge.
    Good Luck !

    Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab cards I love the red you have used. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft World good luck
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cards Caroline and that image has been a real favourite of mine for a long time and is so useful for lots of occassions. It's very striking in the red.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are lovely cards, that image is so versatile.. :D Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning cards, love the bold colours, they are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning cards. The colours are beautiful. I love both of them equally. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Caroline

    What a stunning card you have made, the reds are just so beautiful and warming!

    Thanks for joining us over at Creative Craft World for our easel card challenge.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it amazing how you can make two cards from the same things and they look so different. they're both lovely. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cards Caroline. The colour is so vibrant - really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards - love how you have used this image. Thanks for joining the DU2DS Challenge this time.

    ReplyDelete