Sunday 16 May 2010

My OHs Birthday Cards

It is my OHs birthday tomorrow so I have had to come up with 2 cards, one from me and one from the kids. Since I am paying for us to go on a ghost hunt in August for his birthday to the Tower of Terrors at Alton Towers, I figured the card had to be on a 'haunted' theme, so have come up with this card, which I hope he likes.

I desparately tried to find a spooky picture of the Alton Towers, but there weren't any on the internet, so I went with this one instead, as it looks quite spooky to me. All I have done with this card is print out my own backing paper which says a load of words associated with ghosts; haunted houses etc - thought I would struggle with finding enough words to be honest, but managed to come up with over 40, so I typed them out in a creepy looking font, and then just copied and pasted them to fill a page. I've matted the words onto silver mirror card and black card, and added the spooky house into a frame, that I thought looked quite old and destressed. I received the frame with some other bits and pieces as a prize from The Wife on MSE. The sentiment is from craftworkcards.

This second card is one from the kids, and my instructions from my eldest son, was it had to be something to do with a dairy milk chocolate bar, which is my OHs favourite chocolate bar. So I came up with this, another 3d card, that is supposed to look like a bar of dairy milk, and if I do say so myself I think I have achieved it!

I have made this card in the same way as the 3d gadget cards and just found a picture from the internet, printed it out in the size I wanted. Made some copies of the parts that I wanted to decoupage - cadburys, milk glasses, chocolate cube, and cut them all out and layered them with 3d foam pads on the top of the main picture. To make it look a little more realistic I have used pinking shears to cut the edges of the main image, and used the scoreboard to score the edges of the bar to lift the wrapper edges up to give it a bit more dimension.

Then I have matted it onto some silver mirror card and dark purple card. Again the sentiment is from craftwork cards. The kids wanted to put a real bar on the card too, so the final card that they will give him tomorrow will look like this, and once he takes the real bar off it will reveal the sentiment:

I'd like to enter the Dairy Milk card into the following challenges for this week: Allsorts - Birthday; Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog - anything goes; and Cute Card Thursday.

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards Caroline. I love both of them. The Choccy one looks good enough to eat. You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - fantastic cards. The chocolate card is amazing, really clever. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards. I love the spookiness of the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are fab cards, the choccy one does look realistic and the house one looks scary.. a good warm up for your ghost tour!! Your OH will love them.. :) Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow !!!!

    They are fantastic. I love them both. The Choccy card is of course my favorite ;o)
    Hope your OH has a very Happy Birthday

    Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards! I love the spooky haunted house and the Dairy Mily looks yummy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. both fab cards the choccy one is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. both such fab cards Caroline, you have great ideas for theme cards :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fantastic Cards Caroline and so totally personal to your OH - he's going to love them. Thank you for sharing them with us at Crafty Ann's and I hope we'll see you fot the blog hop on the 21st too.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fantastic cards, you are so creative and they are so personal, love them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! They are both brilliant!! I love them both xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two great cards.
    Thank you for sharing them with us at Crafty Ann's.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic cards. Love the haunted house one but your 3d cards are incredible!!! Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  14. fabulous, and delicious! thanks for joining us at CCT this week.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete