I must have been bitten by the knitting bug, because I have just finished another new project.
A while ago on a blog I saw a 'mug hug' which I thought was kind of cool, and didn't look to complicated to make. I was sent the patten used for the original 'mug hug' I saw, and last night started to knit one.
OK, I am very new to knitting, and when I was showing my OH the first 7 rows I did yesterday, and being really impressed that I had managed to increase a stitch of each line , he looked at it and said 'think you have done something wrong, because it only inclines on one side'. I read the instructions to him and he said I should have increased a stitch on each end of the line. Arrgh, I had done it wrong, and had to start again, still I had only done 7 rows so it wasn't as bad as it could of been!
This in the finished 'Mug Hug' I have done and I am really pleased how it has turned out. I have used the same fushia wool I used yesterday for 'Dotty' the sock monkeys skirt, and since I still have well over half of the ball of wool left I will make some more of these - to probably give as gifts at christmas. I'll need to get some funky buttons though to jazz them up.
I'm hoping that the more I do, the better they will look, as this one does look a bit rough around the edges. Still I have mastered the basics of knitting and even making a buttonhole, so who know what I will knit next - off to ponder that one.