Friday 3 January 2014

MENS CARDS

The first cards of every year, that I need to make are always for men, and how I struggle to do those!

I needed one for my neighbour who was 95 yesterday, and one for my uncle whose birthday is tomorrow and having absolutely no inspiration after making the Christmas cards for 2014, I took a wonder and saw this video on you tube.  Having watched the video the card looked really easy to make, so in the space of 1/2 an hour I'd made these two, and am really really pleased with the way the cards came out:



I just chose some male designer papers that I had, that I never know what to do with, and made complimenting ties with another design paper.  Both the shirt and the tie were then backed on a kraft card. These cards are really easy to make and look fab, so it looks as though men's cards for me this year, are all sorted! When I make some more, then all I would do differently would be to make sure that the paper for the shirt is a bit thinner, so that the folds are easier to do.

I'd like to enter the second card into the following challenges:

Crafty Hands Challenge - anything goes
Keep It Simple - anything goes
Simply Create Too - anything goes


4 comments:

  1. Hi, Caroline: Your male cards are very pretty--great job [I struggle with female cards]. Thanks for entering our Challenge #52 - "Anything Goes"

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too
    Hugz Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great male cards, simple yet effective, great job.

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with our 5th Challenge 'Anything Goes' at CraftyHands Challenge Blog.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xxx (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful male cards - thanks for sharing and for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete