Thursday 4 August 2011

Time to think about Christmas!

It is a few days into August and I am trying to make a start on Christmas cards. I made over 70 last christmas, but left it a bit late to start them and ended up making them late into the night the month before, to make sure they were all done and ready on time.

This year I wanted a card that would be fairly simple to make a put together, but equally quite stylish too - not much to ask is it! So having saved this freebie from last year, I've printed it out in 2 different colours, and matted the image onto green or red mirror card. I've added small flat backed gems to the image in green/red, and am really happy with the way the card has come together. The other bonus is that it is using a stack of A5 cards I have, but never knew what to do with them as I prefer working with square ones.

I think I prefer the green one to be honest, but will make 30 of each to use up the cards and mountain of gems I have.




I'd like to enter these cards into the following challenges:

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Christmas
Aud Sentiments - Merry Christmas

8 comments:

  1. They are lovely - cas and classy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Caroline, very elegant x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous Christmas cards. I love the CAS look. Thanks for jpining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the elegant simplicity of these cards Caroline. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant and gorgeous, these are really beauitful. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Love the clean and simple design with that image
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! Thanks so much for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete