Saturday 6 March 2010

Perfect ending to a fab week...

because I've had another order for some cards for a friend of my mum's and have sat for 1 1/2 this afternoon making 6 of my 'Happy Birthday' butterfly cards.

These cards have to be one of the simplest I have done. The 'Happy Birthday' is embossed straight onto the white square card. A length of ribbon and some jems are added to the lefthand side, and I have used the craft robo to cut out the butterfly. The wings are slightly folded to give a 3d effect and is attached to the card using some 3d pads. To finish each card of I have made an insert with best wishes on it. Really, really like these cards in the colours I have chosen.

I'd like to enter these cards into the Magical Crafts Challenge for this week - things with wings and Flutter By Wednesday's Challenge


13 comments:

  1. I'm loving your butterfly cards they are beautiful. You are so tempting me to save my pennies for a craft robo.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful elegant cards Caroline. I love the embossing folder. The gorgeous butterflies could become your trademark :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just lovely, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOhhh love these :) I'm off to find a craft robo now :D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, effective cards. Hugs Annexxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so beautiful, love the different colours x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards, love the embossing and those butterflies are gorgeous, thanks for playing at MCFC, love Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards. I am in love with the butterflies!!!! They go so well with the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely cards, thebutterflies are lovely and the embossing looks lovely
    Thanks for joining in at MCFC
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful! Just gorgeous in their simplicity. Thank you for Fluttering with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are simply stunning Caroline, love the minimal look, so elegant.

    Thanks for joining us at Magical Crafts.

    Hugs

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cards. They are always so stylish and professional. Applause! Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete