Thursday 6 January 2011

I Wonder What I Can Make With These....

I've only been in my new job since the end of November, and I absolutely love it.

One of my jobs today was to take down the Christmas Tree and pack it away for next year. I love all things Christmas so didn't mind doing the tree at all. As well as the large silver tree with blue twinkly lights - in the corner, looking very sorry for itself, was a very small well loved little green tree, which to be honest has seen better days, and they have had it a very long time.

Our overall boss went to throw it out, but before she did, I asked if I could cut the little wooden decorations off, and do something crafty with them. She didn't mind at all, and really liked the idea of trying to reuse the figures, so am now the owner or 24 different shaped wooden figures like this:


I'd really like to make something that incorporates one or two of the figures for each of the girls to give them next Christmas so the options could be a keyring; christmas card; bag charms. I've got a while before I need to get down to making something, so watch this space....
If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to tell me, think I need all the help I can get!

1 comment:

  1. Oh aren't they cute? Sorry I can't think of anything to do with them other than what you've said. Depending how durable they seem a key ring would be good. x

    ReplyDelete