Monday 16 August 2010

GHOST ADVENTURES AT ALTON TOWERS

I’m back from a fab Ghost weekend at Alton Towers. It was amazing and would definitely do another one. I was really scared before we went because I am so afraid of the dark, but with 50 people there all with torches it never felt like you were on your own.

The 7 hours we were there flew by, and we did a workshop to learn how to use dowsing rods, and pendulums, and then had 5 separate vigils to see if there were any spirits around that wanted to talk to us. People said that they could see people in the rooms moving around/pacing up and down etc, but I didn’t see anything, but I did get poked in the back at one point and in another area felt myself swaying backwards and forwards and had no control over it that was a bit weird.

During this vigil, my husband was convinced that he could see a little boy playing with a ball in the middle of our circle – the boy was about 3 and playing with a small red ball. At one point when we moved on to the next area, my OH went and sat on the bench in the same room that he saw the little boy, and felt the little boy sit next to him on the bench and put his hand in my OHs. If this had happened to me I would have freaked out, but it made my OH smile and happy.

In another area, we used a glass on a table, and had to try and get it to move and answer our questions. It took a while before anything happened, but once it did there was no stopping the glass move. A spirit called Charles took a liking to me, and would only answer (ie move the glass) if I was asking the questions. If someone else asked the questions then the glass wouldn’t move. The person leading the session thought that Charles was drawn to me as he could sense I had 2 boys, and Charles only had a little girl. With 4 of us using our finger tips on the glass there was no way anyone was pushing it backwards and forwards. Again it was a really unreal experience.

In the banqueting hall, 4 of us used a planchette to contact the spirits. Once we had worked out which way was yes and which was no, we made contact with a spirit of a lovely old lady, who turned out to be one of my elderly Aunt’s who died about 7 ½ years ago. I was very sceptical at first, and a little scared it made me cry for a while (in a happy way), but my OH was asking all the questions, and only she could know the answers to them. There was no doubt that the movement of the planchette was 100% aimed towards me. We then made contact with the spirit of a little girl called Elizabeth.

Finally, we went down to the kitchen area with a Medium, who used a compass to contact the spirits. The compass moved around quite a bit, and because of what had happened with the planchette in the upstairs room, I wasn’t really concentrating, as my mind was still working overtime having contacted a relative, that I missed hearing the heavy footsteps of a large man walking up to the lady standing next to me. He was a large man apparently in everyway, and his name was Jack. The lady next to me didn’t appear to be scared but definitely felt this spirits presence. All of a sudden I had a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach and this man Jack was standing behind me. I felt really uneasy as he felt evil to me, so had to ask the Medium to send this spirit back, as I didn’t want him any closer to me.

We saw a couple of light anomalies at various points during the night, that couldn’t be explained, but nothing was thrown at us and no doors were mysteriously shut or opened.

It was a fabulous experience and look forward to going on another one in the future.

7 comments:

  1. Scary stuff! sounds like you had a fab time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you had a great time Caroline! I think I'd have been really scared though! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed it. You're far braver than me - I got the heebee jeebies just reading your post! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Wow! What a fantastic experience you had, it was sending shivers down my back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow spooky - sounds like you had a fab time and lots to experience together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you enjoyed it, sounds so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds amazing. Really liked the story of your OH and the little boy, made me smile. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete