Tuesday 17 August 2010

The Anniversary Card my OH made me

Here is the card my lovely OH made me for our 3rd Wedding Anniversary last week.

Whenever he comes up with a theme for his cards, he always thinks too laterally for me, and has to explain them before I get the connection. The shape of this card was no different.

You have probably worked out, quicker than I was told, that the shape of this card represents the shape of a leather tag, that you will find on leather goods that you buy. Three years of marriage is also leather.

Once I was told the connection, I think it is a very cool card, and the reason for the purple writing is that purple was our wedding colour.

All the parts for the card were cut on the craft robo and my OH has decoupaged the number 3.

13 comments:

  1. Excellent card - very clever idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever hubby you've got! It's great. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww gorgeous card - you can tell alot of though has gone into it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea - A different take on leather.

    Julie (elysia2003) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't work out what it was, so thanks for the explanation! How clever of your OH, I think it's lovely that he makes cards for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever! I like that - not sure I could get my DH to try but I might issue him a challenge - he'd probably do better than me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever and thoughtful DH you have and how great that is, him making a card for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card, your OH is so clever x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, at least he made you one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card and I like your OH's way of thinking, very clever. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete