Saturday 16 January 2010

My OH has been at it again...

designing on the Craft Robo.

I am still managing to keep up with him in using what he designs and cuts out and below is the latest card that he gave me to work with. When he gave it to me it was just a pink card with the heart 'stencil' in the middle cut out, and I thought what the hell do I do with this. I couldn't put red with it as it would have clashed badly, and after a few days of pondering I decided that pink and black go, so here we have my very first valentines card for this year.




Having asked my OH for a bit more design to go with this card he has printed me out some black heart corners, which when I put them one made the card look better but there was something missing for the middle, so I decided to add a circle of black to the card to highlight the pink heart 'stencil' better. To finish the card of I have layered a black and pink love heart to the middle of the black card, and think it looks quite effective.

Not sure whether I like the card or not, as I am not into pink, but think the card has come out quite well, and would like yo enter it into this week's One Stop Craft Challenge which is corners/fancy edges.

5 comments:

  1. That is just so intricate, I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cutouts are really delicate aren't they? Lovely card. Hugs, Annexxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Caroline. I love the colour combo and the beautiful corners.
    Thanks for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card love the heart corners. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely filigree work, those corners are fab. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week, good luck in the draw.
    Luve Suzi x

    ReplyDelete