Saturday 16 January 2010

Cute Card Thursday and The Pink Elephant Challenge Card

Cute Card Thursday want challenge cards that use pink and grey; and the Pink Elephant's theme is 'birthday' so here is my entry in to both challenges:


I've had this image on my PC for a while, and thought that the colours I had used to colour it in paintshop pro, fitted in perfectly with this Challenge.

I have used a square white card, onto which I have put a base card of grey, which has been 'swiss dotted' through the cuttlebug. I have then matted the image onto a pink scalloped square.

To the corners I have added some card flowers that my OH has designed and printed on the craft robo - I love these as you can 'lift' the middle of the petals to give the flower a 3d effect. I have added a green eyelet to the middle of the flower, now that I have worked out how to do them with my crop-a-dile (it's only taken me about 9 months to get it right!).

In the corner I have added a length of ribbon from my stash with a 'Happy Birthday' peel off.

5 comments:

  1. fabulous card, such a aweet image, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge this week, have a great weekend, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this image, great colour combo too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely card, the 3d effect on the flowers is really effective. Hugs, Annexxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet - totally gorgeous card - thank you so much for sharing this fab work with us at The Pink Elephant.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flowers !! I can see some beautiful creations coming now you have your craft robo.

    x

    ReplyDelete