Friday 28 February 2014

A REALLY GIRLY CARD

Been really busy with work and the kids lately that I haven't had a chance to blog some of the cards I have been making lately.

Here is one of them, that I have made for a very good friend of mine whose birthday is next week. The bugaboo - 'friends wine' - image sums our relationship up completely, and is a lovely one to use on girly cards:


I've known Lynda for about 9 years, through a previous job, and when we were doing a lot of travelling with Commonwealth Games, there were a few of us who would get together over glasses of wine at the end of a long and stressful day.  We always used to room together, and she was my 'mum' on trips abroad, and would look after me and make sure I didn't get into any mischief!  I remember one particular trip to India to take the team to a Youth Games, where a couple of bottle of wine in our suitcases was definitely not going to be enough for 3 week trip that we decided to take 2 boxes of wine each!  It would have been plenty for the 2 of us of an evening, but once the rest of HQ staff found out about our stash they would pop in after their shift for a quick night cap so the 12 litres we had didn't quite last the duration of the trip.

Enough of a waffle, back to the card.  I have used kraft card to mat the paper and image, which was coloured with pro-markers.  I finally learnt to do a double bow with some white satin ribbon, so pleased with how that came out - if I had slightly longer fingers, it would make it easier to do!  A few small pearls finish the card off nicely and I am really pleased how the card has turned out.

I'd like to enter this card into the current February Colour Challenge at Catch the Bug Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - that bow is just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the drawing that seems funny and interesting. I often use flower papers instead of the pictures since I'm very bad at drawing.

    Helen's blog@TEfl Courses

    ReplyDelete