Wednesday 18 April 2012

A MAN'S CARD


I'm still slowly ploughing through the cards that I need to make, and seeing the image i have used for this card, being used on cards on some of the blogs I follow, I finally succumbed and bought it - there are lots of golfers that I need to make throughout the year, so this digi will be well used.

In making this card I have used what I think is 'golfing' looking backing paper from a hugh paper stack I have that I bought when I started crafting about 4 years ago.  As with most stacks you buy, there are always designs that you don't like and don't know how to use, and I am happy that I have finally been able use this one. 

Not sure of the colour combo of brown and blue, but I am sure it will be well received by the recipient.  The bugaboo image has been coloured with Promarkers, and it was my first time trying to do shading.  The grass could have come out better, but heyho, thats what happens when you decide to leave the bottom of the image white, and then change you mind and want to do more green, and it doesn't blend with the green that has already been coloured.

The layout isn't from anywhere in particular, but I wanted to use the MS zigzag punch and buttons on the card so that is what I came up with.  I love the quote and hope my Uncle does too.


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Sentiments Design - use a digi
Incy Wincy Designs - digi's only
Pan Pastel UK Challenge - one for the boys
Make My Monday - male sports and hobbies
Crafty Boots Challenge - no girls allowed
Our Creative Corner - our boys and their toys
Everybody Art Challenge - card for a man
Whoopsidaisy Challenge - anything goes

17 comments:

  1. This is such a fun image and your backing paper and buttons are just perfect.

    Thank you for sharing your card with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card Caroline. Love the image and cheeky sentiment and the backing paper and button embellies are perfect with the golfer.
    Thanks for joining in with our Make My Monday challenge this week and wishing you good luck.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous male card Caroline! I think the different greens give the image perspective and works well and the backing looks just like a golfing jumper to me. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the brown and blue combo, very cute x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - love brown and blue together xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it - love the colours and the layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card Caroline! I like the blue brown combo and the image has been coloured really well. Thank you for entering the Make My Monday challenge. Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab card, I love the papers and the fun image. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great mans card, love those buttons, Thanks for joining Whoopsie Daisy!! Good Luck, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card this is ,... a great and terrific use of that patterned paper ....gotta love that stamp image!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your patterns and coloring! Funny sentiment. ;D Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Love that! Love your paper...perfect for golf! Great coloration! Thank you for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card, great for the boys. Thanks for sharing this with us at PanPastel UK this week.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card! Thanks for playing at WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful card. I love the paper. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy.
    Nikki F x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun card, your colours are stunning and I love the adorable image.

    Thanks for joining us at the Everbody Art Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Still chuckling at that sentiment! Hee hee! This is such a fun card and perfect for a golf-lover. Your coloring looks great and I love the pairing of the argyle paper. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete