Monday 3 January 2011

Another Card Using Ink Around the Edges

Another card made specifically for the I Did It Creations Blog Challenge, which is to use a favourite technique. I am in love with inking around the edges of images to give them a softer feel, even though I have only been doing it for 2 days, and I also love embossing card through cuttlebug folders.

I have used a freebie image from the I Did It Creations Blog, and have coloured it with some of my promarkers. You can probably tell I love the colour purple!

The layout is from a card I spotted around 'blogland', and just loved the two tone card that was used, and the use of a boarder punch to give it a elegant look, and the card finished with ribbon. This card has mainly been made from my ever growing scrap pile.

I have cut the image and mat layer with the Labels One nesties, and inked the edges of the image, and added some clear gems to the middle of the flowers. The embossing folder I have used on the purple card is the 'daisy' folder, and on the black 'swiss dots' although you can't really tell from the photo. A piece of black ribbon and sentiment finish the card off. For a bit of dimension I have added 3d foam pads to the back of the image/mat and then put it on the card.

I love the use of the boarder punch and the two tone colours used to make this card, and will definitely be using this style, and layout again, as I think it is one that would work for any occassion.

4 comments:

  1. very pretty creation!I love the border punch and the sparkle on the flowers too! Thanks for playing at IDIC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous Caroline! Thanks for joining in this week at IDIC! Gemma :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats lovely.I think your right you could use it for any occassion

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look....simple but elegant. Beautiful use of the image. Happy New Year from I Did It Creations.

    ReplyDelete