Sunday 17 October 2010

Sketch Challenge

I love looking around blogland for a great sketch challenge and I found one last week at Digistamps4Joy, that I thought would be fab to do, and fitted nicely with a birthday card I needed to make for the kids to give to their Nana next week.


Here is my take on the sketch. I have used a square card blank , and cut on the diagonal some pretty Summer Paper from My Mind's Eye that was a freebie a while ago and added some embossed some plain green card, with a flower cuttlebug folder to the other side. A piece of pink ribbon is used to hide the join in the paper/card.

To the left I have used a MS doily punch on some gemstone pink card stock, with a strip of the Summer Papers on top of the gem card.

The image is from Digistamps4Joy and is called Kitty Girl, and I love her and can see me using this image a lot. Jack, my youngest, coloured the cat with a ivory promarker, and for a bit of sparkle I have added blue flatback gems for the eyes and a clear one for the collar tag.

To give the card a bit of dimension I have add a green scallop oval as a mat and put 3d foam pads on the back of the scallope to raise the image from the card. Three pink card candy spots and a cardworks sentiment finish the card off perfectly.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Digistamps4Joy - sketch
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge - 3 of anything (card candy; papers/card)
Anything Goes Challenge - Ribbons
Papertake Weekly - 3 of a kind
CRAFT Challenge - colour pallet - pink; green and blue (all in the card used or flower paper)
Tuesday Taggers - more than 2 legs

17 comments:

  1. a beautiful card Caroline! Thanks for taking the time to join in with our sketch challenge at Digistamps 4 Joy! Gemma :) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card caroline, the cat is just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card thank you for joining in at CRAFT Challenge this week.

    Good Luck

    Kerry (GDT OCT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Caroline - what pretty feminine colours and I love the desogn paper you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. It's fab that it's a team effort (don't think I'd allow my youngest to do the colouring)... Thank you for joining in the Digistamps 4 Joy challenge. Good luck and hope to see you again.
    From Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh lovely pretty card, thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. challenge x carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won.

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable card & fab take on our color scheme. Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, thanks for joining in at CRAFT challenge this week and good luck. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at the Digistamps 4 Joy sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so pretty, love the cat x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really cute, great use of the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Digi Stamps 4 Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh very pretty - love the cat! Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete