Friday, 22 October 2010

Princess Fairy Card

It's my friends little girls 4 birthday next week, and I was struggling to think of a card to make her. I've had the image that I have used for a while now, and despite trying to use it on a card before, it has never really looked quite right. So the other night I sat down with some papers and my promarkers and gave it another try, and this is the result:

The image is a Squigglefly one, that I won on a blog challenge a few months ago, and I have coloured her in with purple and ivory promarkers. I have coloured the shoe, belt, necklace, wand and crown in with a gold gel pen, to give it a bit of sparkle, and added a few flat back clear gems to her belt and sleeves. The DP paper is from the Henbury Lane goody back I got a while ago, and it isn't clear from the photo, but each of the little dots are glittery. I have used some deep purple card for the mats from my stash. A Craftwork Card sentiment finishes the card off.

I'd like to enter this card into:

the current MSE Challenge set by Gemma, to use bling and sparkles.
Crafty Calendar Challenge - birthdays
Totally Paper Crafts Challenge - stick a number on it
Karber Weekly Challenge - kids/babies
Wild Orchid Challenge -to use pastel colours
Flutterby Wednesday Challenge - open theme as long as it flies
Penny's Challenge - as long as it flies

13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love that fairy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline

    lovely card and great image so sweet, thanks for joining us at tpc

    Joey.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. really pretty card Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Thank you for playing The Karber Weekly Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet card! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet she loved it and so beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely - very pretty card Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Georgeous creation with beautiful papers and nice details! Thanks for joining us for our WOC challenges :)
    Hugs, Lena K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww perfect card for a little girl. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete