Wednesday, 11 August 2010

Wedding Anniversary Card

Yah, today we are celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary, even though we have been together nearly 18 years - where does the time go!

Since my OH has seen me beavering away for a while making cards I challenged him to make me a wedding anniversary card too, as he knew I would be making one for him.

So the challenge was to somehow incorporate a 'leather theme', since Leather is the 3rd year Wedding Anniversary. I was totally stumped on how to incorporate leather. I'd thought about making a really cool leather wallet card, that I had seen on a blog, but didn't have the right papers to use and was running out of time to track any down. I therefore asked the lovely ladies on MSE if they had any ideas, and was given a lifeline by the lovely Sonia who told me that she would be able to stamp me an image on some leather if I thought the image would be something suitable for my OH.

Once I saw the image, I knew it would be something that would appeal to my OH, so said yes please and when we returned from holiday there was a parcel from Sonia who had very kindly sent me the image on a few different bits of leather, and they were fab.

I chose to use the black and white piece, and because the image is really beautiful, I didn't want to add too much to make it into a card, so ended up layering it onto some black and silver mats and adding a few flat backed gems. This what I came up with, and my OH loved it.



I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Craft Away Your Days - Favourite Things (silver mirror card, flat backed gems, matting)
Sir Stampalot Challenge - Bring on the Bling (silver mirror card, flat backed gems)
Cute Card Thursday - Whateva
Ellephantastic Challenge - Anniversary what man wouldn't like this image :)
The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - It's a Man's World what man wouldn't like this image :)
Wild Orchard Challenge - One for the girls (ladies bustier)

28 comments:

  1. Wow - That looks great - Happy Anniversary xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's gorgeous Caroline, you're right who couldn't like that! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniverysary to you both! I have had that stamp for years and have rarely used it, you've made a fab card there and the gems make it really special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary.And might I add this is gorgeous.Thanks for sharing this with us at CYDA.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous card and happy anniversary to you both x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful - the image is gorgeous! What a great idea using leather for your 3rd Anniversary card.
    Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh what a beautiful card, that image is really gorgeous! your OH will love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary to you both. I must admit, your card is gorgeous! Good luck with the competitions xxx

    Julie (elysia2003)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks great and happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Caroline

    What a clever card for the occasion and a real feel of bling.

    Thank you for joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow that's fab i love it. Really great card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's fab! Happy Anniversary x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning!! I absoloutely love it!! Happy Anniversary xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really gorgeous, Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a beautiful card. The black and white works so well with this image. Happy Anniversary Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Anniversary! Its our 4th in September but have been together for 9 years. Thank you for playing along with us this week.
    Hugs Helen & Elle DT x

    ReplyDelete
  19. beuatiful, gorgeous stamp and glad OH was impressed

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Anniversary,
    This card is beautiful,
    Thanks for joining us at Ellephantastic this week,
    Hugs
    Angie and the Ellephantastic DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow what a card, that's fantastic! Happy Anniversary to you both. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've created a fabulous card and I bet OH loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow Caroline, this is stunning, happy anniversary to you and your OH. Thank you for joining us with the first challenge at Craft Your Days Away xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous elegant card. Thanks for joining us at CYDA this time.
    Hugs, Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  25. j'adore, elle est super belle et sexy, biz

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card, it looks very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful card with stunning details
    thanks for joining us at sir stampalot this month and good luck!
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a truly stunning card. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete